Instructor Policy Maatos
This Instructor Policy, which is included in and subject to the general terms and conditions of Maatos, describes the terms and conditions under which Instructors can offer courses to End Users via the platform.
Noord-Holland The Netherlands
(please note, no visiting address)
Telephone number: +31 (0)85 130 15 47
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
CoC number: 73843938
Article 1 – Relationship with Maatos, Instructors and End users
- One must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to be an Instructor. If you are between 13 and 18 years old, you must have permission from a parent or guardian to be an Instructor. Children under the age of 13 may not use the platform or create an account.
- Instructors are not employees of Maatos.
- Continued use of the Services and access to the platform, including the ability to provide courses, is subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of Maatos and this Instructors Policy. Maatos may withdraw the ability of Instructors to use the Services at any time.
- Instructor acknowledges and agrees that he cannot claim an exclusive right to a particular subject or study programme by offering a particular course in the past or in the present through the platform.
- Instructor will work in a professional manner with other Instructors.
- Instructor will never interfere with other Instructors or otherwise prevent other Instructors from offering their courses via the platform.
- Instructor agrees to indemnify and defend Maatos against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from any violation or violation by Instructor or arising out of or in connection with Instructor’s use or misuse of End User information.
Article 2 – Courses
- By using the platform of Maatos, the behaviour of Instructors and the quality of the courses provided by the Instructors are reflected on Maatos. Instructors must be responsive and provide a reasonable level of service to End Users.
- The courses, study program and materials provided must not relate to: illegal conduct; violence or sexually explicit content; manufacturing or use of any weapon; promoting hate speech; deliberately deceiving, defrauding, humiliating or damaging any person or entity; or anything else that Maatos, in its sole discretion, deems to be objectionable or inappropriate.
- In connection with teaching a course or providing study materials, Instructor may not provide, broadcast or distribute any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing, defamatory or defamatory content or information.
- Instructor is solely responsible for content that is uploaded, transmitted, posted on the platform, or used, offered, or distributed through the teaching of the courses.
- The courses, including any portion of the study program or materials provided, must not infringe on or be illegal under any party’s patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other intellectual or proprietary rights.
- For all content provided by the Instructor in connection with the Courses, the Instructor warrants that he has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions for the use of such material.
Article 3 – Payment of courses
- End users are allowed on the basis of a subscription to one course or to all courses.
- Instructors may sell the courses on the basis of a one-off payment or on the basis of a payment plan.
- It is up to the instructor to calculate the correct VAT or sales tax.
- Instructors may integrate payments via Mollie, by direct bank transfer or by using the Maatos payment system.
- The Maatos payment system charges 5% of the transaction costs. Maatos pays once a month between the 1st and the 5th of the month with a delay of 31 days due to claims from Users.
- In the case of the Maatos payment system, instructors are obliged to refund a cancellation to the End User within 30 days without being required to provide a reason for the cancellation. Maatos will then automatically deduct the transaction costs, as well as any other costs. This does not apply to subscription fees, which must be paid immediately.
- If the End User makes a chargeback (credit card or direct debit), Maatos will charge an administration fee of 15 euros to the Instructor, unless the Instructor is correct and the payment must be made by the End User after all.
- If Instructor chooses integration via Mollie then the obligation to deposit money back within 30 days expires. It is up to the Instructor himself to make this choice.
- Service that belongs to Mollie does not fall within the service of or the relationship with Maatos. In that case, no transaction costs will be charged by Maatos.
- Maatos is entitled to continue to keep paid courses accessible for End-users who have previously paid for them or who have registered for them.
- End users who register for a course are both Users of Maatos and customers of Instructor. Their data will therefore be treated as described in the privacy statement.
Article 4 – Rights
- Maatos grants the Instructor a limited, personal, revocable and non-transferable right to access and use the Services and the platform.
- This right ends when the Instructor or Maatos terminates the subscription or when Maatos terminates access to the platform.
- Maatos retains ownership of software applications and Services.
Article 5 – User content
- Maatos does not own the user content, but does have the right to use the user content to the extent necessary to exploit the platform and to provide the Services, now and in the future.
- Instructors grant permission to Maatos to monitor the use of Services. This is done, among other things, to enable Maatos to subject the Services to quality control, to provide support and to promote the platform and the Services.
Article 6 – Changes to Instructors’ policy
- This Instructors’ policy has been drafted by Maatos. Maatos may change and revise the Instructors’ policy.
- All changes to the Instructors’ Policy are effective immediately upon posting and apply thereafter to access to and use of the platform.
Article 7 – Final provisions